Monday, November 9, 2009

A few updates

The Gambia is a beautiful place!  So far all is well!  The days have been filled with language training (mandinka, woloof, and pular) and some environmental introductions as well.  And lots of immunizations!
The weather is nice but hot and humid...just like bama!  Tomorrow I will find out what language I will be speaking for the remainder of my time here.  At the end of the week I will move to my training village and will be living with a host family for 8 weeks.
Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.  More to come soon!  Love you all very much!

This was the sunset on the beach today!



Me & my new buddy Lucia

Holding a python!




African puff adder

7 comments:

  1. Wow! The Gambia looks beautiful, and you look like your having fun! Is the python your new pet? Keep exploring and posting more pictures! Miss you! adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO HEAR YOUR VOICE TODAY WAS AMAZING! I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! YOU SHOULD BE GETTING LETTERS FROM ME SOON. I HOPE I DIDN'T CALL AT A BAD TIME WHEN I SAW THE CELL I JUST HAD TO CALL. PEACE AND LOVE, ALLISON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily!! I love the pictures! Be careful with those snakes ;) What is the food like there? I have skype so I will try to call you on that. Thanks for the clock on the blog- that will help me not call you at 3am your time. haha
    I miss you & I hope you are doing well! hope to talk to you soon! love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily! Saw your name on FaceBook today and thought that I should check in with you. I think of you often and hope you are settling in well.
    Please post more pics when you have time.
    Happy Holidays!
    Love,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. More news! We miss you. Greg Amy Ivan and Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, I hope all is well over there. I sure do miss you buddy!
    XOXO melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Em! Have you gotten my letters? Just curious? I am going to try and get skype...I can't get it hear at work...miss you, love you, Joy was sad that you wouldn't be at her b'day party but I told her that we would send her pics and that pleased her...she ask about you often! She has started drawing and her favorite thing to draw are fish...so drawings are in the mail to you! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete